Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dessa's Dance

I started dancing when I was about 4 years old. I had dance classes for a couple years and then switched to musical theater/acting classes for a year, but then things started to get expensive. So I had to quit.

A few years later one of my friends took me with her to a dance class. This teacher had her own dance studio in the basement of her huge house. At that time it seemed like the classes wouldn't cost too much, so I signed up. Once it came around to buying costumes for the recital, I was forced to quit. My mom just refused to take me to class after she saw how much it was.

The next year I went with a different friend who happened to have the same dance teacher. When I came back, I talked with her about why I had suddenly quit the pervious year. She told me that she wished we would have come and talked with her so we could have worked something out.

We made a deal, I would come help her clean her house and I would get dance lessons. One saturday a month, I spent the whole day with her helping her clean out various parts of the house. I had so much fun earning my own dance classes. I learned to appreciate the value of hard work.

Nothing is going to just be handed to us, we've got to go out there and get what we want. Even if it takes us a little bit longer to get there. I'm so happy that I am finally getting my degree. I've been working towards this for a long time. I really hope that I am going to be able to get to perform, and use my degree. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment