Thursday, December 12, 2013

Give a little

The other morning when I was driving around campus picking up the books from the book drops I was listening to one of those morning radio talk shows, I think it was 97.1zht. Anyway, they do "Secret Santa" every year for Christmas, asking the community to write in about families that they know need some extra help for the holidays. I listened as the talk show hosts called a woman that they were giving things to, and seriously I was crying in the car.
I've been on the receiving end of a few "Secret Santa"s over the years. My family didn't always have a lot, so when we opened the door and saw presents sitting outside our door, it was the most exciting thing to ever happen to us. A Christmas miracle. Even though it was usually some clothes and a game or two, it was incredible, because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten anything for Christmas.
I'm so grateful to those who have helped me and my family. If only you knew how much joy these people brought into our home just because they cared.  I wish I knew who doorbell ditched us the Twelve days of Christmas, or any of the secret Santas, so I could say thank you. Thank you, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment